The Babies!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sweet Moments (19w4d)

I can feel the baby moving daily now, stronger flutters and rolls at periodic intervals throughout the day. Tonight I was sitting on the bed writing on my laptop and he was just wiggling like crazy. It went on for so long, I was sure Jay would be able to feel it.

Of course, as soon as I stood up and gave baby some room he stopped flopping around. But I put Jay's hand on the spot anyway and after a couple of minutes the baby started moving again. Then... Jay felt it, too. The look on his face was priceless. It was probably similar to the look I had the first time I felt it.

It has become more reassuring to feel the baby move, but it's still a little strange and startling at times. Being able to share it with Jay makes it so much more real... and so much sweeter.

Oh, and we picked up the crib today. I think we're starting to feel like expectant parents-- and that in itself is a sweet feeling.

3 comments:

mikeynme14 said...

EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! That's all I can say!!!!

Amy said...

Aaron used to get hiccups every morning at 7am! I would feel little bumps every few seconds during my ride in to work. It was so reassuring to feel him move!

Kristina Wright said...

Thanks, Leslee. :-) I'm EEEEEing myself these days.

Amy ~ Too cute! I don't know what he's doing in there, but it's crazy sometimes!