The Babies!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Double Digits, Baby (10w0d)

Ten weeks. It's nice to see those numbers growing, even though I have a long way to go before I can relax. But every new week brings a new sense of calm. Plus, I feel like I can laugh at all those dire warnings of debilitating morning sickness since I seem to have avoided that unfortunate pregnancy symptom.

The cool things about pregnancy so far?

Longer, stronger nails-- I have to file them every few days because they're growing like crazy.

Better hair-- It's not shedding as badly as usual and most days are good hair days.

Healthy food cravings-- I want fruit, salads, cheese and protein (usually chicken).

Vivid dreams-- my imagination is going wild while I sleep. Dreams of jungles and animals and otherworldly places. Not to mention enough sex dreams to keep me writing erotica for another ten years. Hee.

Body awareness-- I don't know how to explain this one except to say I'm much more aware of my body in a good, healthy, sensual way.

Nesting instinct-- I'm already cleaning out drawers and tossing out junk.


The negatives of pregnancy have been minimal for me so far...

Fatigue-- I feel tired a lot of the time and have been taking naps most afternoons/evenings. It's really not so bad as a symptom goes, as long as I can get a nap or more sleep at night. Except...

Insomnia-- My insomnia is worse than usual these days. I wake up in the middle of the night and it takes me hours to fall back to sleep.

Heart palpitations-- I don't get these very often, but they're disturbing. I think it's a side effect of the Prometrium, so hopefully it'll fade after week 12.

Heightened sense of smell-- This hasn't been too bad, but the smell of cleaning solutions gives me a headache.

PMS Boobs 24/7-- They are tender and achy most of the time.

Honestly, that's the worst of it. There were those few days of nausea early on before I figured out I need to keep something in my stomach. I had three days of spotting before my new doctor put me on progesterone. And I sometimes feel bloated, as if I've eaten too much. That's it.


I spend most of the time feeling pretty good and a little tired. I have absolutely nothing to complain about at this point. I'm just pleasantly surprised how smoothly it's going because it didn't seem possible after everything I've been through. It's just nice to hit the ten week mark and feel this good.

No comments: