The Babies!

Monday, March 30, 2009

I Have a Secret (3w5d)

So far, other than Jay (who got to be here this time when I tested!), Sheri is the only one who knows I'm pregnant. Of course, I haven't known myself very long, but by this time last time, I think I had told at least ten people. Plus a few random strangers and coffee baristas. This time is different. I'm holding onto this secret for a little while, I think. Not because I'm worried about something happening (and that is certainly a possibility, given my history), but because I'm rather enjoying carrying this little happy secret around right now.

I don't think I'll be able to keep it to myself too long... I like sharing happy news (even when the happy news must be punctuated with caution). I'm blogging about it here, but it's unlikely anyone who knows me will stop by. (And if you have-- and I haven't yet told you I'm pregnant-- please don't get your feelings hurt!) I'm also copying these blog posts to my main blog, but those blog posts are closed for the moment. Right now, I'm just keeping a record of my experience until I'm ready to share it with the world (or my corner of the world, anyway).

I have an appointment tomorrow to confirm my pregnancy. Which basically means I get to pee for another pregnancy test. But it's the first step to getting my ob/gyn referral. I've been here before... and I'm hoping this time around results in a healthy baby.

According to my calculations, my due date is December 9. A holiday baby, to be sure. That's something to celebrate, right? It's too early for real symptoms (I think?), but I have the tender breasts again this time and a little bit of queasiness every day for the past three days. Every pregnancy is different, they say. So, we'll see. For now, I have a secret that makes me smile.

No comments: