The Babies!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

One Last Trip (23w4d)

I'm heading out of town tomorrow (well, today) for one last trip before impending motherhood. At least, I think it will be my last trip. I'm longing to go to London, but that probably isn't wise in my third trimester. Right? Right? Then again, baby boy could have dual citizenship... Hmm.

I'm Chicago bound, to spend some quality time with Sheri (and her sister, niece, mother and assorted friends whom I've either heard about or read about via their blogs or Facebook). Honestly, right now I'm just tired and want to sleep for a week and can't even imagine getting on a plane tomorrow evening. I'm going to miss Jay, miss the animals, miss my bed and miss the luxury of going everywhere by car. (Normally I love being able to walk everywhere, but the heat is killing me this summer.) Despite all of that, I know I will wake up Monday morning happy and ready to go exploring, after we stop for coffee.

There is a lot on the agenda, including afternoon tea and trips to baby stores and a girls' night dinner. I'm looking forward to chocolate and cupcakes and decaf coffee and lots of good conversation and much needed laughs. I want to go shopping at the Land of Nod, Anthropologie, Lush and the Container Store. And no trip to Chicago would be complete without a coffee break at Julius Meinl. I'll take a million pictures, check e-mail, Facebook and Twitter via my shiny new iPod Touch (which couldn't have come at a better time). I'll stay up too late talking to Sheri and get up too early, anxious to squeeze as much in as possible.

In a week I will wonder where the time went. And by this time next year, I will have an eight month old baby boy and we will be planning his first trip to Chicago to hang out with Aunt Sheri.

No comments: