The Babies!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Spring Flowers in August (4w4d)

Jay sent me flowers today. Red tulips and purplish-blue irises. They were a bit droopy from the heat when they arrived, but after a good watering they have filled out and look beautiful. I would rather Jay be here for all of this pregnancy stuff, but I look at the flowers he sent and I smile. Spring flowers to remind of my spring due date. It seems forever away, but I know the time will slip by and I will wonder where these months went.

Jay will be home from deployment at the beginning of my second trimester, but gone again here and there for the rest of my pregnancy and deployed again shortly after I deliver. Those thoughts scare me. I was alone when I took my pregnancy test and it’s a long and challenging road ahead where I’ll be alone for many difficult and scary things less exciting than finding out I’m pregnant, but this is our life in the Navy.

I’m tough. I’m strong. I can do this. But I’m girl, and I like flowers, too.

No comments: